Small existing care team in central Brighton is looking for an excellent care/support worker to join us
- Friendly, professional and supportive work environment
- Fully paid training, holidays, DBS, supervisions/appraisals
- Hourly rate of pay up to £11.50 per hour
- Contracted hours with the possibility of overtime to cover holidays and sickness
- A fun, relaxed and supportive team and employer
- To provide a high standard of care including personal care
- To prepare and serve meals following a strict dietary plan
- To record notes accurately and complete all necessary paperwork/documentation to a high standard
- To liaise with other health care professionals including GP’s and Nurses
- To support with all activities of daily living including shopping and medication administration
- At least three months experience working in any care setting with Adults
- The ability to maintain and promote confidentiality, privacy, dignity and respect
- To understand and respect the individual choices of the client
- A good sense of humour
- A diploma in care
**Personal Care Assistant**
We are looking for fun and active PAs in the Hove/Brighton area to support a young man with cerebral palsy, who is sociable, has a great sense of humour, loves meeting with friends and has
a love of art.
You will be joining a small team of carers / Personal Assistants offering 24-hour care and support to ensure the 23-year-old man with severe and complex physical and health needs,
continues to be independent and happy as well as having his needs met.
Full time shifts available for waking nights and one shift with a combination of waking nights and days.
- Small team with supportive colleagues in a friendly, family home
- Working with a positive and resilient young man.
- Paid DBS, training, supervision, holidays and pension
- Full time permanent contract – approx. 140 hours over a 4-week rota.
- 2 out of 4 weekends off.
- Excellent rate of pay of up to £14.00 per hour
- Support with all aspects of personal care and manual handling.
- Support and administer young man’s therapy and treatment.
- Safe administration of medication and completing relevant documentation
- Meeting this young man’s day to day care and social needs to enable him to be as independent as possible.
- To support young man with unsettled nights.
- Positive interest of working with adults with additional needs
- Excellent communication skills and good writing skills
- Must be flexible and be able to accompany YP on holiday and other trips
- Non smoker
- Resilient and outgoing with fun personality; ability to take the initiative as well as being sensitive.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in care work.
- Driver with clean driving licence preferred but not essential
**Children's Personal Assistant**
We are looking for two-three special people to cover 20 hours a week and be part of a small care team providing support for a child with complex needs in her own home
- Excellent rate of pay of £13.34 per hour
- Paid training, DBS and holidays
- Being part of a team supporting a very special young person and her family
- Regular supervisions
- Working in a friendly, supportive environment
- Providing all aspects of personal care and support as per the care plan in a caring and calm way
- Following all agreed ways of working and care plans and attending training as required for the job role
- Documenting daily care notes in a legible and accurate way
- Working in a busy family home with pets including dogs
- Communicating effectively with Mum and the wider management team
- Must be able to drive a manual vehicle
- Must have an Enhanced Disclosure(provided)
- Must attend all training and supervision as required
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good sense of humour
JOB TITLE: Personal Care Assistant
JOB LOCATION: St Leonards on Sea
HOURLY RATE: £10 ph
HOURS/SHIFTS: Wednesday – Friday 9.00am -5.00pm (negotiable)
Monday – Friday 8.00pm – 9.00pm (negotiable)
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA: Driving Licence and over 25’s (required by car insurer)
I am a 24-year-old disabled man with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. I have severe muscle weakness in all areas, which restricts all movement and requires the use of an
electric wheelchair. I have to use a Bipap machine for part of the day and also use a cough assist machine due to muscle weakness. I require assistance with all aspects of personal care (as
The job will be varied as I live a full and busy life where I can and I live with my mother. I am looking for someone who is flexible (when needed), non-judgemental,
able to be appropriately professional in a more informal environment and able to support me to live my life how I choose. The job can be hard at times, but also fun. Successful applicants will be
entitled to holiday pay (5.6 weeks per year). You must be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check if required (to be paid by employer). Previous experience in PA/Care Work is essential.
Assisting me with toileting during the day (may include hoisting)
Transferring me in and out of my wheelchair to my bed (if required) using a hoist.
Experience of hoisting/manual handling is essential.
Preparing food and drink as required.
Assisting me with eating and drinking.
Supporting me to access technology e.g. computers, TV, Ipad and mobile phone.
Enjoys the outdoors including walking, as I like to be out whenever I can (weather permitting).
We are a small, energetic, committed and dynamic care team looking for additional care staff to join us supporting a young, independent man living in his own
home in Peacehaven who has Cerebral Palsy and is a wheelchair user in all activities of daily living, shifts available are day hours 07.00-22.30 and waking night shifts (2230 - 0700) Friday and
- Excellent rate of pay of £12.07 per hour plus pension
- Paid DBS, training, holidays and supervision
- Contracted and bank hours available
- A fun, friendly and supportive work environment with a team leader in post
- Being part of this team delivering high quality personal and social care with two team members working together on days for trips out
and social opportunities
- Your role will include providing support with all aspects of personal care
- You will be responsible for the safe administration of medication and completing relevant documentation
- You will need excellent spoken and written English alongside excellent communication skills
- You must be able to complete all relevant documentation legibly and accurately
- You must attend all basic and specialist training and uphold and update your learning as required
- You will need a full UK driving license
- You must have the ability to work well within a team, be organised and follow clear guidelines and agreed ways of
- Be committed to the role and have a flexible approach to cover holidays and absences as well as being fun, friendly and
- Some experience in an adult care setting
- A qualification in care
You will be joining an established and great team and a friendly family (near to Uckfield) to look after and care for a lovely man with a severe brain injury.
He also suffers with epilepsy and you therefore need to be calm and confident and to be able to work well in a team.
We are looking for two carers to cover for maternity leave, sickness and annual leave. Initially flexible bank work, with the possibility of contracted
- Great rate of pay / enhanced Bank Holiday rate
- Part of a loyal, happy team of carers
- Work within a friendly, family home
- Day and night shifts available
- Paid DBS, training and supervision
- Assist client with personal care
- Drive vehicle to appointments and outings
- Administer medication
- Support client with physio work
- To make conscious decisions on behalf of the client and fulfil his daily needs
- Manual driving licence
- A friendly person who works well in a team
- Training must be undertaken such as DBS checks
- Experienced preferred but not essential
- Flexibility with availability
Call us now on 01273 615088 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The People's Choice (Sussex) Limited
21-22 Newhaven Enterprise Centre