** Childrens Care worker**
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and caring individual to provide an extra pair of hands
to a busy family of four including a fun-loving 11 year old girl who has Rett Syndrome.
Would suit an individual who is considering a career in primary education and/or working with disabled children. This is not a boring job and the ideal candidate will be
proactive in thinking of fun activities to do.
Hours – 5-7pm two days per week during term time, days negotiable. Every other Saturday
During school holidays typically 3-4 hour shifts two days per week, days negotiable.
- Opportunities to learn how to become a communication partner.
- Chance to form lasting friendships.
- A fun and enriching working environment.
- Variable shifts to fit around other commitments with notice.
- A rewarding and fulfilling role.
- Care of disabled child to include personal care, feeding and bedtime routine. (At least one parent will always be available so no medical qualifications are
- Playing games and activities with children.
- Light domestic work occasionally.
- Providing an extra pair of hands for this busy family.
- Light cooking.
- An affinity with children, reliability, enthusiasm and high level of common sense.
- An ability to remain calm in a crisis.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Due to the high level of personal care involved in this role, only female applicants please.
Desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of using Eye Gaze and/or Alternative Augmented Communication (AAC) OR enthusiasm to learn
- Knowledge of Rett Syndrome
** Care workers**
My name is Rob, I’m 55 and was born in Kent. I’ve worked in carpentry, maintenance and as cabin crew. After an accident (when I was cycling) I now
use a wheelchair and live in my own sea harbour flat on the South Coast.
This is a good time to join as I’m, for the first time, recruiting my own care team which will be one live in carer at a time (potentially working two weeks on
and two weeks off) and drop-in carers to cover variable hours through the day.
- You’d be working within a dynamic team including case management, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, psychotherapy/mindfulness
- Career development
- Fulfilment - Working with someone who is continuing with rehabilitation and making steady improvements
- A stunning environment to work in
- Relevant ongoing support and training
- Pay and holidays: 5.6 weeks per year pro rata
- I’m looking for someone who is motivated and on board to help me with my ongoing
rehabilitation; to keep working toward an improved quality of life
- A lot of support is required in the morning with getting up and
bowel care on alternate days
- Also, support the other end of the day – going to bed (I generally
sleep really well)
- Support with cooking and eating
- Driving (someone who enjoys and is competent at driving is
important) to rehabilitation appointments and other places of interest (see below)
- Some additional support in the hydrotherapy pool – Anna would show
you what to do
- Support with getting ready to use my exercise bikes
- Someone with good communication/listening skills that can tell me when they are
experiencing difficulties or concerns with tasks or whatever it might be – I love to have a good friendly atmosphere in the home
- Trustworthy and professional – so I feel comfortable in my own home
- Someone with a good sense of humour – it’s so good to enjoy company
- Full driving licence and ability to drive a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle
- Relevant experience in care/person centred approaches (everyone is a unique individual) – I can lead my own care and specific training will be provided
- Enhanced DBS checks and references will be undertaken
- A level 2 or 3 diploma in care or other
We are looking for an exceptional team of care workers to join our small existing team supporting our son with all aspects of daily living, personal care and accessing the community.
Shifts are between 6 and 8 hour shifts over two days a week during school holidays and flexible weekend cover as required.
- An excellent rate of pay of £13.34 per hour.
- Paid training and DBS.
- Contracted, regular and flexible hours available.
- The opportunity to be part of a team.
- A generous annual leave entitlement.
- You will be required to support me with personal care including toileting and pad changes.
- You will need to support me with fluid and nutrition.
- I would like support accessing the community, I am a wheelchair user but can walk short distances with support. A driver would be preferred for the weekend support.
- I need support with having a shower and getting dressed daily.
- I need you to administer my medication and record accurately on MAR charts and record daily care notes accurately and legibly.
- You must undertake an enhanced DBS check.
- You must attend all mandatory and specialist training required for the role.
- You must be reliable.
Experience supporting adults with Epilepsy
**Children's Care Worker**
We are looking for an exceptional care giver to support a happy, friendly 11 year old boy in the Crowborough area of East Sussex with multiple complex needs for 6 hours a week term time
and 18 hours a week in school holidays
- Paid DBS, holiday and training
- Good rate of pay at £9 per hour
- Contracted, regular hours
- A supportive, friendly work environment
- The opportunity to make a positive difference to this young person’s life
- You will need to provide support with personal care
- You will need excellent communication skills
- You must have a DBS check and attend all training required for the role
- You will ideally have some experience of supporting a young person with complex needs
- You will need to provide clear, effective verbal handovers to Mum after every shift
- You need to be over 20 years old
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Makaton sign language
- You will need to be physically fit to participate in trips to the park, swimming and activities inside and outside of the home environment
- You need to be able to support a young person in a busy home environment
- You will need a calm, level headed approach to this caring role
** Care Worker**
We are a small, friendly care team providing excellent home care to our service
users in East Sussex.
- We are looking for someone to cover 16 hours a week afternoon’s and
- Paid DBS, training, holidays and travel between client’s homes, pay rates of £9.00
Weekdays and £11.00 per hour weekends
- A friendly, supportive management team and co workers
- Possibility of career advancement for the right candidate
- We focus on longer care visits and never do 15 minute calls
- You will need to be kind, caring, focused and have a good understanding of supporting
older people living with Dementia
- You will need to effectively communicate with managers and co workers regarding clients
health and well being and any concerns
- You need to be reliable, flexible and committed to the role and have a person centred
- The Role includes supporting adults with personal care, medication administration,
meal preparation, social support, cleaning, taking to hospital appointments.
- You will need to complete care notes and monitoring records at every
- You must be a car driver with access to a vehicle and a full, clean driving
- You must have some experience in any care setting preferably with adults/older people
living at home
- You must be legally allowed to work in the UK and will be required to undertake an
enhanced DBS check
- A diploma in care level 2 or 3
- A good sense of humour
We are looking for an exceptional Children’s carer in the Wadhurst area of East Sussex available to cover hours
after school time to join our small team supporting an 11 year old boy within his family home with care and social support.
- Excellent rate of pay of £9.00 per hour
- Paid DBS and holiday
- Contracted hours
- The opportunity to support this energetic young man with specific communication needs.
- The opportunity to join an existing team to make a difference in this young person’s daily life.
- You will need to participate in trips out for social opportunities and play Plan and implement activities and social outings.
- To keep this young gentleman safe at all times within agreed ways of working.
- Have excellent communication skills, knowledge of Makaton would be an advantage.
- Be physically fit and active with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Clean driving license Non-smoker
- Experience supporting children with Learning Disabilities.
- Experience an advantage but will consider all applicant’s.
- A good sense of fun and lots of energy
**Live in carer**
We are a small and friendly team working closely together supporting each other with a live in carer
position in Eastbourne
We are looking for someone to cover 1 week a month, working from Monday to Monday in a full time position, receiving 3
hours off a day
Paid DBS, training and holidays pay rates of £173.00 per day covered.
We are looking for someone to cover 3 hour breaks a day 5 days a week, working from Monday to Monday in a full time
Paid DBS, training and holidays pay rates of £12.07 per hour covered.
- You will need to be kind, caring, focused and be assertive and reliable.
- The Role includes supporting a disabled man in his own home with personal care, medication administration, meal preparation, food shopping, social support, cleaning, taking to hospital
appointments and any outings.
- You will need to complete care notes and monitoring records everyday and make sure prescriptions are ordered in on time.
- You must be a car driver as a company vehicle is available for outings and for food shopping trips, clean driving license is needed for this.
- You must have some experience in live in care setting preferably and would like someone who knows how to run a home.
- Job is open too males or females with a good sense of humour.
- You must be legally allowed to work in the UK
**Personal Care Assistant**
We are looking for fun and active PAs in the Hove/Brighton area to support a young man with cerebral palsy, who is sociable, has a great sense of humour, loves meeting with friends and has
a love of art.
You will be joining a small team of carers / Personal Assistants offering 24-hour care and support to ensure the 23-year-old man with severe and complex physical and health needs,
continues to be independent and happy as well as having his needs met.
Full time shifts available for waking nights and one shift with a combination of waking nights and days.
- Small team with supportive colleagues in a friendly, family home
- Working with a positive and resilient young man.
- Paid DBS, training, supervision, holidays and pension
- Full time permanent contract – approx. 140 hours over a 4-week rota.
- 2 out of 4 weekends off.
- Excellent rate of pay of up to £14.00 per hour
- Support with all aspects of personal care and manual handling.
- Support and administer young man’s therapy and treatment.
- Safe administration of medication and completing relevant documentation
- Meeting this young man’s day to day care and social needs to enable him to be as independent as possible.
- To support young man with unsettled nights.
- Positive interest of working with adults with additional needs
- Excellent communication skills and good writing skills
- Must be flexible and be able to accompany YP on holiday and other trips
- Non smoker
- Resilient and outgoing with fun personality; ability to take the initiative as well as being sensitive.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in care work.
- Driver with clean driving licence preferred but not essential
Call us now on 01273 615088 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The People's Choice (Sussex) Limited
21-22 Newhaven Enterprise Centre