**Care Worker Halland**
I am a 37 year old man with an acquired brain injury. I live with my parents and siblings in my family home. I
have epilepsy, use a wheelchair and have a PEG. I require 2 carers to look after me in the day and 1 at night-time.
It’s important for me to keep up with my daily physio regime, stretches and the use of gym equipment. I like
listening to music, watching football and having day trips to local areas.
I’m looking for 2 carers to join my team. One position is for a Saturday mornings 8-5 and the other position is a
zero hours contract. Though both are to cover annual leave and sickness
- Working in a friendly team
- Working for a loving family in a relaxed setting
- A very good rate of pay. £14 an hour day shifts and £16 an hour night shifts
- Day and night shifts available
- Bank shifts available
- Assisting with personal care
- Administration of medication
- Assisting with social outings
- Working in a family home and being considerate of that
- Providing physio work
- To be conscientious and caring
- To work very well in a team
- To be flexible and able to work at short notice (Shifts will be given 1 month in advance)
- To be able to work night shifts
- Previous care experience Driving license
**Care Worker Eastbourne**
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time position 15-16 hours a week to support a young man with severe
learning disabilities and complex epilepsy in his family home. The role includes one waking night at the weekend and some additional, flexible hours along with cover for holidays and sickness, all
shifts are 12 hours.
- An excellent rate of pay of £13.34 per hour
- 6 weeks holiday a year pro rata
- Paid training, DBS, and supervision
- The chance to join a small, caring and committed team
- Contracted hours
- Personal care including washing, dressing, and assisting with continence care
- Participating in social activities within the community and in the home setting
- Completing care notes and Medication charts clearly, legibly, and effectively
- Being part of an existing team so must be a good team player and able to fit in and work well with others
- Support this young man with all his day-to-day care and health needs
- Enhanced DBS check, the right to work in the UK and attend all training required for the role
- Be comfortable working in a home with a dog and a cat
- Over 25 with a full, clean driving license
- Some experience supporting adults/young people with Epilepsy
**Childrens Care Worker Eastbourne**
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, fun and caring support worker for our son Finn (9) who has cerebral palsy
& global developmental delay. Finn cannot walk or talk but communicates in a huge variety of ways. He is epileptic and autistic. He lives in a busy family home in Eastbourne with his two younger
sisters (6 and 4), his parents and his dog. Finn has a wonderful sense of humor and aure**n addictive
- Flexible shifts – 16 hours a week 2:1, weekends, school holidays and occasionally after school / early evening.
- Excellent rates of pay
- The chance to join a small friendly team
- Full paid training provided
- Must be able to support Finn with his complex needs and challenging behavior’s including personal care including showering.
- To take Finn out for walks and trips to places he enjoys.
- To assist with mealtimes
- To assist with bedtime routines
- To help facilitate communication with Finn using his VOCA, palm choices, visual timetables, now and next cards, signs and symbols.
- Must attend all relevant training and have an Enhanced DBS check
- Willingness to learn about Finn and have a calm, loving, patient and understanding approach
- Must be physically fit
- A good sense of humour
- Must love dogs and be a non-smoker / vapor
**Care Worker Brighton**
I am a wheelchair user, due to a car accident and live with my long term Partner and 16-year-old Son. I am
entrepreneurial and have a degree in psychology and doctorate in sociology. Despite the problems associated with a spinal cord injury and the formidable barriers encountered over the years I
remain positive and enjoy life.
I am the Guardian of a beautiful woodland and like to spend as much time in this space as possible as I find
it very therapeutic. Along with a team of volunteers I am attempting to make the countryside more accessible for disabled people and intend to provide workshops, therapies and courses on
conservation within a woodland setting.
I’m looking for someone who can provide support with my physical needs and maintain my health and well-being but,
also with my aspirations to improve the lives of others and the environment. Therefore, it would be great if you share a love of nature and have an interest in conservation and the
environment. I’m looking for someone who is proactive and who can follow requests, who can work as a team and can blend into the background whilst at the same time being able to provide support
- Paid holidays of 5.6 weeks per annum pro rata, paid training and enhanced DBS check.
- Salary £13.50 per hour
- Working in a nice house close to the sea
- Occasional access to holiday Cabin in woodland
- Must be able to support me with Personal care, Passive Movements, Moving and Handling and Maintaining Skin Integrity
- Support with meal preparation, shopping, administration and housework.
- Must be able to drive my wheelchair adapted vehicle and have a full, clean, UK driving license.
- Completing clear and legible daily care notes and MAR charts.
- Attending all training required for the role including yearly refresher training.
- Must be well presented and have a very high standard of hygiene.
- A willingness to learn.
- Hard working and able to become part of my small care team.
- Experience with spinal cord injury care
- IT savvy
- Good cook
Personal assistant needed to join an established friendly team in Burwash Weald. Ideal for someone wishing to increase their confidence by either getting back into the workplace or just wanting a
complete change of career. Main duties to assist a man in a wheelchair with personal care plus light physio duties, working flexible hours from 5 – 25 hours a week over a variety of days.
Interesting duties & first-class training to get you up & running. Competitive rates of pay with holiday pay plus pension. For an informal chat & how to apply please telephone Celia
Caulkin on 01435 883269.
**Care Worker Bexhill**
I am looking for a PA to cover sit in visits in the Bexhill area of East Sussex so my full-time carer can have regular breaks. My interests are Opera, Musical Theatre, Pantomime, I was a
member of Glyndebourne. I would like someone who has excellent hearing (I can’t project my voice) Mature, Male or Female, a Non Smoker and with a placid, intelligent and responsible
- Contracted, regular hours with some degree of flexibility
- Good rate of pay at £12.70
- Paid DBS check, training and supervision
- 5.6 weeks holiday per annum pro rata
- Joining a small, established care team
- Supporting me with Eating and Drinking(after training)
- Supporting me to change my position 2 hourly
- You will need to use excellent communication skills
- Provide any support I might need to enable my partner to have breaks
- Be reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and reliable
- Calm nature
- Experience supporting adults with Dementia type symptoms
**Children's Care Worker Hooe**
We are looking for one-two special people to cover 20 hours a week and be part of a small care team providing support for a child with complex needs in her own home
- Excellent rate of pay of £13.34 per hour
- Paid training, DBS and holidays
- Being part of a team supporting a very special young person and her family
- Regular supervisions
- Working in a friendly, supportive environment
- Providing all aspects of personal care and support as per the care plan in a caring and calm way
- Following all agreed ways of working and care plans and attending training as required for the job role
- Documenting daily care notes in a legible and accurate way
- Working in a busy family home with pets including dogs
- Communicating effectively with Mum and the wider management team
- Must be able to drive a manual vehicle
- Must have an Enhanced Disclosure(provided)
- Must attend all training and supervision as required
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good sense of humour
** Care Worker Eastbourne**
Personal Care Assistant needed to join a small happy team in assisting a 66-year-old gentleman, who, due to a Brain Injury is a wheelchair user. Speech has been affected along with sight
and coordination. He has a wicked sense of humour and loves people around him with bubbly personalities. The shifts that need covering are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 07.00-09.00 am and Saturday
- Paid training and DBS.
- A good hourly rate of £12.70 paid monthly.
- Paid annual leave.
- Support available via phone.
- Joining a well established team of friendly PA’s.
- Assist with all aspects of personal care including washing and dressing.
- Administer medication and record on a MAR chart, complete all other records accurately and legibly.
- Assist with drinks and care of my cat, Hal.
- Catheter care.
- Assistance to the toilet if required.
- Good sense of humour.
- Well organised and methodical.
- Attend all training required for the role.
- Must be reliable and on time.
- Did I mention a good sense of humour yet?
- A willingness to cover annual leave and sickness when required.
- Experience supporting adults with complex needs.
** Carers Newhaven**
We are looking for experienced full and part time Care Workers to provide care and support for two young men with complex medical and physical needs within their family home in Newhaven.
You will be working in our home alongside our family and other health care workers so a professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills and key for succeeding in this
- Excellent rate of pay of £13 per hour weekdays and £15 per hour weekends.
- Paid DBS, Training and Supervision.
- Holiday allowance of 5.6 weeks per year pro rata.
- A flexible working pattern.
- Contracted, regular, block hour shifts in the family home.
- Providing full personal care as required.
- Administering medication and recording this accurately on MAR charts.
- Supporting with day trips/outings and activities within the home.
- Monitoring health and wellbeing and reporting concerns to the team leader/family.
- Providing all aspects of support with activities of daily living.
- You must be flexible and able to cover both weekday and weekend shifts on rotation as well as covering sickness and holidays.
- You must have some experience supporting adults or children with complex needs.
- A good team player and able to work well with others.
- A full UK driving license.
- A qualification in health and social care and or some medical experience.
- Some experience with TPN lines
** Care Worker Eastbourne**
Carer required to assist a lady who is wheelchair user in the Eastbourne area of East Sussex with morning shifts 08.30-12.30 and a night carer to cover three nights per week.
I am in my 50’s and have three grown up daughters, and four teenage grandchildren who are very involved in my life and I have three cats.
- Contracted, regular hours in a small team.
- Paid training, DBS, supervision and annual leave.
- Excellent hourly rate of £12.70 per hour days and nights £8.72 per hour sleep night.
- The chance to join this small, happy team of carer’s.
- Support with light housework, shopping and meal preparation.
- Assisting to appointments.
- Providing support with personal care.
- Completing all relevant documentation legibly and clearly.
- Attending all Mandatory training and yearly updates.
- Must undertake and Enhanced DBS check.
- Must be honest, hardworking and reliable.
- Must attend all training required for the role.
- Fond of animals especially cats.
**Children's Care Worker Eastbourne**
We are looking for an enthusiastic, fun and caring support worker for our son Daniel (13) who has complex needs including a severe learning disability, autism and anxiety. This is a
rewarding and fulfilling role supporting Daniel to access the community on a 2-1 basis.
- Excellent rate of pay at £13.34 per hour and paid annual leave
- The opportunity to make a positive contribution to Daniel’s life and to broaden his experiences.
- The chance to join a small friendly team.
- Flexible shifts (4-5 hour shifts on a Sat/Sun and during school holidays).
- Full paid training provided.
- Must be able to support a young person with complex additional needs and challenging behaviour, including personal care.
- To support Daniel accessing the wider community.
- To keep constant, close supervision of Daniel’s safety and overall care.
- Supporting any anxious moments with firmness, patience, reassurance, kindness and understanding.
- To have a positive approach, be confident and willing to learn new skills (e.g basic Makaton signing/PEC’s picture change communication system).
- Must attend all relevant training and have an Enhanced DBS check.
- Willingness to learn from those who know Daniel and have a calm, level headed approach.
- Must have some experience/understanding of learning disabilities/autism (will consider all applicants)
- Be physically fit.
- Full clean driving license and use of a car.
**Care Assistant Ringmer**
We are a small, fun loving team looking for confident, energetic care workers to join us to cover Monday and Tuesday 4pm-9pm and Sundays 12pm-6pm flexibility an advantage to cover sickness
- Paid DBS, training, supervision and holidays
- Excellent hourly rate of £13.34 per hour daytime and £13.97 per hour nights
- A fun, friendly work environment
- Contracted hours
- Being part of a team caring for a very special young man
- Your role will include support with all aspects of personal care
- You will be responsible for safe administration of medication and completing relevant documentation
- You will need to complete Epilepsy recording charts and care notes correctly and legibly
- You will need an enhanced DBS check, yearly training and some specialist training (this is provided)
- You will be responsible for meeting this young man’s day to day care and social needs
- You must have experience working with adults or young people with Epilepsy
- You will need to be fun, energetic, caring and confident
- You must be willing to undertake all relevant checks and training required for the role
- Experience supporting adults or young people with learning disabilities
- Be flexible around hours to cover sickness and holiday
**Personal Assistant Brighton**
Hi, my name is Elise and I am a young person with complex needs living in
Brighton with my family looking for a PA to support me for 8 hours a week with gaining more independence. I would like someone who can spend time supporting me to access the community and help
organise my appointments, help me keep my room tidy and organise and support me with tasks which may be more difficult for me.
- Contracted weekly hours in two-three hour shifts with flexibility, would possibly suit a University Student.
- The opportunity to make a positive contribution to my life, health and wellbeing.
- Good rate of pay.
- Paid DBS, training and supervision.
- Working in a friendly family environment.
- You must attend all required training and yearly updates.
- You must be confident supporting a wheelchair user to access the community.
- Supporting me to organise my appointments and keep on top of my health needs, making phone calls and sending emails.
- Helping me to keep my environment clean and tidy and as uncluttered as possible.
- Must undertake an enhanced DBS check
- Must attend all relevant training and yearly updates
**Personal Assistant Brighton**
I am a 21 year old university student studying Neuroscience and I am looking for a personal assistant to aid managing my health conditions. I enjoy music and writing and I’m interested in
activism and science. I am looking for an open-minded and friendly PA to enable me to live a full and active life in Brighton.
- Full paid training and support provided
- Good rate of pay at between £10.50-£11.50 per hour
- Annual leave of 5.6 weeks per year pro rata
- Paid training, Enhanced DBS and Supervision
- The opportunity to support me through my university education and day to day life
- Medication and healthcare appointment management
- Housework tasks such as cooking, food shopping, cleaning, laundry, looking after cat
- Supporting me to attend university and lead an active social life
- Personal care and dislocation support during flare ups
- Supporting my physical rehabilitation, including physiotherapy and daily walking
- Caring, non-judgmental and open-minded
- Respectful of my autonomy
- Well organized and able to follow instructions
- Must undertake and Enhanced DBS application and attend all Mandatory training required for the role
- Interest in veganism
- Sense of humour
- Previous experience in providing PA support to young adults is helpful but not essential
**Care Worker Brighton**
Small existing care team in central Brighton is looking for an excellent care/support worker to join our covering Weekends and every other Friday, overtime available to cover annual leave
and sickness as required, shift patterns are 8am -2pm and 3pm-7pm.
You will need to work as part of a cohesive team and have a good knowledge of Covid safety and regulations due to my health vulnerabilities.
- Friendly, professional and supportive work environment
- Fully paid training, holidays, DBS, supervisions/appraisals
- Hourly rate of pay up to £11.50 per hour
- Contracted hours with the possibility of overtime to cover holidays and sickness
- A fun, relaxed and supportive team and employer
- To provide a high standard of care including personal care and have a good knowledge of health conditions including type 2 Diabetes
- To prepare and serve meals following a strict dietary plan and using portion control and following agreed meal plans
- To record notes accurately and complete all necessary paperwork/documentation to a high standard including MAR charts, Care Notes and other recoding documents.
- To liaise with other health care professionals including GP’s and Nurses
- To support with all activities of daily living including shopping and medication administration
- At least three months experience working in any care setting with Adults
- The ability to maintain and promote confidentiality, privacy, dignity and respect
- To understand and respect the individual choices of the client
- A good sense of humour
- A diploma in care
**Break carer Eastbourne**
We are a small and friendly team working closely together supporting each other with a break carer position to
support the live in carer in Eastbourne
We are looking for
someone to cover 3 hour breaks a day 7 days a week, working from Monday to Monday in a part time position,
Paid DBS, training and holidays pay rates of £12.07 per hour covered.
- You will need to be kind, caring, focused
and be assertive and reliable.
- The Role includes supporting a disabled
man in his own home with personal care, medication administration, meal preparation, food shopping, social support, cleaning, taking to hospital appointments and any outings.
- You will need to complete care notes and
monitoring records everyday and make sure prescriptions are ordered in on time.
- You must be a car driver as a company
vehicle is available for outings and for food shopping trips, clean driving license is needed for this.
- You must have some experience in live in
care setting preferably and would like someone who knows how to run a home.
- Job is open too males or females with a
good sense of humour.
- You must be legally allowed to work in
**Care Worker Uckfield**
We are looking for an exceptional team of care workers to join our small existing team supporting our son with all aspects of daily living, personal care and
accessing the community. Shifts are between 6 and 8 hour shifts over two days a week during school holidays and flexible weekend cover as required.
- An excellent rate of pay of £13.34 per hour.
- Paid training and DBS.
- Contracted, regular and flexible hours available.
- The opportunity to be part of a team.
- A generous annual leave entitlement.
- You will be required to support me with personal care including toileting and pad changes.
- You will need to support me with fluid and nutrition.
- I would like support accessing the community, I am a wheelchair user but can walk short distances with support. A driver would be preferred for the weekend support.
- I need support with having a shower and getting dressed daily.
- I need you to administer my medication and record accurately on MAR charts and record daily care notes accurately and legibly.
- You must undertake an enhanced DBS check.
- You must attend all mandatory and specialist training required for the role.
- You must be reliable.
- Experience supporting adults with Epilepsy
**Personal Care Assistant Hove**
We are looking for fun and active PAs in the Hove/Brighton area to support a young man with cerebral palsy, who is sociable, has a great sense of humour,
loves meeting with friends and has a love of art.
You will be joining a small team of carers / Personal Assistants offering 24-hour care and support to ensure the 23-year-old man with severe and complex
physical and health needs, continues to be independent and happy as well as having his needs met.
Full time shifts available for waking nights and one shift with a combination of waking nights and days.
- Small team with supportive colleagues in a friendly, family home
- Working with a positive and resilient young man.
- Paid DBS, training, supervision, holidays and pension
- Full time permanent contract – approx. 140 hours over a 4-week rota.
- 2 out of 4 weekends off.
- Excellent rate of pay of up to £14.00 per hour
- Support with all aspects of personal care and manual handling.
- Support and administer young man’s therapy and treatment.
- Safe administration of medication and completing relevant documentation
- Meeting this young man’s day to day care and social needs to enable him to be as independent as possible.
- To support young man with unsettled nights.
- Positive interest of working with adults with additional needs
- Excellent communication skills and good writing skills
- Must be flexible and be able to accompany YP on holiday and other trips
- Non smoker
- Resilient and outgoing with fun personality; ability to take the initiative as well as being sensitive.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in care work.
- Driver with clean driving licence preferred but not essential
Call us now on 01273 615088 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The People's Choice (Sussex) Limited
21-22 Newhaven Enterprise Centre